Blog Comments

I think you should move back to your parents' house and take your baby with you. If FIL cannot stand to live with MIL, I don't see why you should. If DH wants his wife and child to live with him he'll have to sort the situation out.

You may find you'll get more responses if you post on the forums. The blogs were added as a new feature when the site software was upgraded but they aren't used much.
    Quote Originally Posted by nowomannocry
    My MIL is very much the same but I am not saying that I know how you feel cause everyone feels differently... I too cried at work over how frustrated she made me and it took at least a year to realize this, but I just started acting like the boss and even though afterward I still get really frustrated from time to time. I still hold my head of high, smile to her jokes that aren't even funny, laugh at her openly when I think she is saying something dumb, and make her feel as uncomfortable as she is making you feel. LOL. I don't know if that is necessarily "nice" or ""appropriate", but its the only thing that gets me by. This woman is just threatened cause you are taking away her baby and she wants you to remember who birthed him... But don't let it change anything. I know this isn't much cause I'm at work and dont have a lot of time to write, but be strong!
    Thanks for the suggestion, I hope I will be able to implement your suggestion with time. As of now, i do not talk to anyone in the house except for my husband and his father. One incident that constantly strikes my mind is she asking me to eat the leftovers of previous day because all other people in the house are too good for it, one day, she shouted for all the time I was eating because I did not do so. Every time some one tries to calm me, I think of this incident and get more angry, I mean I would eat it if its good food for everyone, but then people do not feed bad food even to street dogs.

After I wrote the post, I went to the psychiatrist because I was feeling suicidal, and he said due to this scenario and my relationship with my father I have severe depression. the doc talked with my husband, asked to support me more, or move out temporarily if necessary, we are thinking of options.

I hope I get as strong as you with time, and learn to deal with it. Appreciate your input.
    My MIL is very much the same but I am not saying that I know how you feel cause everyone feels differently... I too cried at work over how frustrated she made me and it took at least a year to realize this, but I just started acting like the boss and even though afterward I still get really frustrated from time to time. I still hold my head of high, smile to her jokes that aren't even funny, laugh at her openly when I think she is saying something dumb, and make her feel as uncomfortable as she is making you feel. LOL. I don't know if that is necessarily "nice" or ""appropriate", but its the only thing that gets me by. This woman is just threatened cause you are taking away her baby and she wants you to remember who birthed him... But don't let it change anything. I know this isn't much cause I'm at work and dont have a lot of time to write, but be strong!

The Sister Knot, Apter
The Sister Knot
Why We Fight, Why We're Jealous, and Why We'll Love Each Other No Matter What

Secret Paths: Women in the New Midlife
Secret Paths
Women in the New Midlife

Working Women Don't Have Wives, Dr. Terri Apter Working Women Don't Have Wives
Professional Success in the 1990'S

To See More Books By
Dr. Terri Apter
Click Here.