Recent Blogs Posts

1. Lurking in my Sub-conscience

I had a nightmare last night that MIL showed up at our home and decided to start taking things out of our home and was loading up a moving van with all of our belongings. She was taking our wedding photos off of the wall and cackling, "You won't be needing these anymore!"
    Needless to say, I woke up in a pissed off mood. I usually don't remember my dreams...but I remember this one. YUK!
    Tags: dream, mil, nightmare
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Nasty piece of work

I can't stress just how vile
    my MiL is. It got so bad, I've not had any contact with her for well over a year now. She and I never got on, but shortly after the wedding she turned on me, saying she'd had high hopes her son was going to marry her pal's daughter! It's not like I came out of the blue and stolen him away. We'd been going out since we were 16yrs and married at 22yrs!
    Then her campaign of lies and vicious stories began. She'd go to my FiL whim she had under ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. I am so tired of her.

Mostly I am so sickened by myself.

I knew back in March when I moved into HER house to housesit as well as to help her when she came home that it was a bad idea.

I am such a spineless coward I should have no then; but oh no! I moved in and now she is coming home. Of course she is coming to her home, it is HER home after all. No surprise there. The surprise is how quickly she has made us (my son and I) feel unwelcome. She isn't even back yet, and already it has ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. POSTED 30 NOV 2010 - from FFH page

Now, on to a more personal story - it always starts with the wedding: DH and I lived in a different state from his family, but he wanted to get married in his home state. Two weeks before the wedding, I went to stay with his parents, and everything was fine. They were very accommodating. That was VASTLY different to the rest of the wedding planning time. Being Australian, our wedding was Australian. I'm not talking koalas and kangaroos everywhere. I mean Aussie customs and traditions. I saw no need ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. POSTED 28 NOV 2010 - from FFH page

Now, we come to one of the most recent issues: When DH and I moved back to his home state (6 months after being married), MIL offered for us to live with her, FIL, and 16 year old SIL, until we found our own place. She knew we were looking for a place to live. We, of course, accepted (little did I know it was a BAD idea!). We moved in in April.

I, being an immigrant, wasn't able to work just yet. My work permit and/or green card had not arrived. I was also unable to drive, because ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Sister Knot, Apter
The Sister Knot
Why We Fight, Why We're Jealous, and Why We'll Love Each Other No Matter What

Secret Paths: Women in the New Midlife
Secret Paths
Women in the New Midlife

Working Women Don't Have Wives, Dr. Terri Apter Working Women Don't Have Wives
Professional Success in the 1990'S

To See More Books By