All Blog Entries

1. The Package Drama: read on for a good laugh.

I'm a long time lurker, first time blogger. My future mother in law is a nuts, and almost everyone around her know it. I have enough stories about her madness to write a book. I have been lurking on this site for years, reading advice from all of you wise ladies (and men). I have been too afraid to post, even when I finally signed up last year I only posted once. I was, and still am, afraid she will find me. But now I feel like I am at a point where I need to start writing about it, so that I can ...
    Tags: mil drama
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Pins and Needles

Seems I am always on pins and needles....must always mind my p's and q's, etc, etc., with my MIL. I think we must have started off on the wrong foot right from the gitgo. When the first words out of her mouth after meeting her the first time were: 'How tall are you!?!? Put your back up next to mine and let's see who is taller!'....I should have known that things were going to be rocky.

Every time we encounter each other (my MIL and I) there is always an issue. Sometimes, I dont ...
    Categories
    Mother-In-Law Blog
  3. Need advise for Son

Our son remarried his wife 10 years almost to the day. The problem is ... her Mom lived with her, and almost 3 years later still does. This MIL has a very good job, and could easily live own her own, but continue to stay with this couple. It's obvious that Daughter does not want Mom to move out, becuse She depends on Momma for money, even though our Son and his wife both work, and make a decent living. DIL just needs to live with in her means and on a budget. DIL, pretty much at this point is ...
    Categories
    Mother-In-Law Blog
  4. Lurking in my Sub-conscience

I had a nightmare last night that MIL showed up at our home and decided to start taking things out of our home and was loading up a moving van with all of our belongings. She was taking our wedding photos off of the wall and cackling, "You won't be needing these anymore!"
    Needless to say, I woke up in a pissed off mood. I usually don't remember my dreams...but I remember this one. YUK!
    Tags: dream, mil, nightmare
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Nasty piece of work

I can't stress just how vile
    my MiL is. It got so bad, I've not had any contact with her for well over a year now. She and I never got on, but shortly after the wedding she turned on me, saying she'd had high hopes her son was going to marry her pal's daughter! It's not like I came out of the blue and stolen him away. We'd been going out since we were 16yrs and married at 22yrs!
    Then her campaign of lies and vicious stories began. She'd go to my FiL whim she had under ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized

The Sister Knot, Apter
The Sister Knot
Why We Fight, Why We're Jealous, and Why We'll Love Each Other No Matter What

Secret Paths: Women in the New Midlife
Secret Paths
Women in the New Midlife

Working Women Don't Have Wives, Dr. Terri Apter Working Women Don't Have Wives
Professional Success in the 1990'S

To See More Books By
Dr. Terri Apter