All Blog Entries

1. Is it me?

Am I being too sensitive?

That's a hard question to ask myself. I'm getting furious at the Mensch because he won't pick up his clothes or complains when he has to do dishes. But this is nothing new.

I want to slap my youngest daughter, Lulu, who has always been difficult. She is getting cranky with me. I know she's worried about her sister and is caring for her, but I don't deserve her venom.

Tonight, I called Birdy at about 9 p.m. She didn't ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Im trying to not be cranky

But ... I’ve been cranky lately, and my mama tiger claws are tungsten steel and razor sharp.

For once, I have a “good” Great Facilitator and Eel story. The moment I sent out the email to let everyone know, the Eel called, very concerned, and asked if there was anything she could do to help. Good wishes, prayers, etc. She and the GF are in warmer climes at this moment, so there’s not a lot she can do. I do appreciate the good wishes, as does Birdy. The only “sour” note was when ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. How Birdy found out she had cancer

I'm going to try and blog here, so that the entire world doesn't read it.

This is the story of how Birdy found out she had cancer:

Birdy worked as a waitress. Her left knee had been bothering her for several months, but like most women, she just blew it off. "Oh, it's because I'm a server and I strained it."

Then she became pregnant about 20 minutes after moving in with her boyfriend. She kept blowing off her knee pain "oh, it's because ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. MIL kicked him out

I have decided that I will tell the story of my MIL in chronological order, like a journal, in case I ever need a written record of her behavior. This story is from a few year before DF and I met but I feel like I should include it because it is a good illustration of her craziness.

DF's parents split up when he was 11 years old. He had to live with his Mom because his Dad worked too much to have him full time. FFIL was supposed to get DF on the weekends but that didn't happen. Now ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Not sure what to do?

Hi There,

I am new here. My name is Sue. I am having some major confusion right now. I have been married 17 years. My MIL is 90 years old. My MIL tried to kill herself. MIL was in the hospital. Now she is home recieving Hospice. The Dr's don't know how long she will live.

Here is the situation. My MIL has never had a thing to do with me. I have tried to form a realationship,but she never once has asked me to do any thing. Only if my husband has asked her ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized

The Sister Knot, Apter
The Sister Knot
Why We Fight, Why We're Jealous, and Why We'll Love Each Other No Matter What

Secret Paths: Women in the New Midlife
Secret Paths
Women in the New Midlife

Working Women Don't Have Wives, Dr. Terri Apter Working Women Don't Have Wives
Professional Success in the 1990'S

To See More Books By
Dr. Terri Apter