All Blog Entries

1. Husband asked Mom to stay with us for a few months. She has not left

So my boyfriend and I got engaged February of last year. We have been together 5 years. He was born and raised in a small town in west Texas. We met when he was living in Arizona and had a very rocky start to the relationship but managed to make some changes and decided to move to Houston because he had a great Job opportunity. We have been in Houston for 4 years. I left my 2 older sons and my grandkids and it was extremely difficult but I manage to go see them twice a year. Our life and our ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. mil trying to keep tab on food we eat

My hubby n me live with our in laws and are married for little more than a year. I have always observed my mil keeping a count of how much we eat whn we have meals together. Also when she comes back from a trip she asks me what we ate for the days she was away and I avoid answering this. She also goes all the way to ask our maid what she cooked for us while she was away! We are a well earning family where my hubby me n my fil earn enough to afford a decent standard of living.
    please advise ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Rude mother-in-law

I've been with my husband for 15 years and my mother-in-law has been very hard to get along with. Two weeks ago I found the text on this phone thing that I was lazy and I needed to get a job to pay someone to clean my house or I need to learn how to clean it on my own, which my house is clean she's hasn't been here in probably about nine months.so I sent her a text message to let her know how upset I was and what she had said and I felt that it was rude.that day my husband was helping a stepfather ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Is she intrusive or am I territorial?

We gave my MIL a key because she offered to let our dogs out during the day of need be.

She stopped by yesterday, let our dogs out and had a lengthy conversation with our neighbor.

She then texted after, telling me-
    I met your neighbor Stephanie. She has a 15 month old. She's a stay at home Mom. Husband works in Tacoma. She's interested in the play set in your back yard.

All I could think was, that's my neighbor, why are you walking across the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. How was your day?

Today my mil physically assaulted me at a bank. Over the tolerance limit for her drama.
    Categories
    Uncategorized

The Sister Knot, Apter
The Sister Knot
Why We Fight, Why We're Jealous, and Why We'll Love Each Other No Matter What

Secret Paths: Women in the New Midlife
Secret Paths
Women in the New Midlife

Working Women Don't Have Wives, Dr. Terri Apter Working Women Don't Have Wives
Professional Success in the 1990'S

To See More Books By
Dr. Terri Apter