All Blog Entries

1. I am so tired of her.

Mostly I am so sickened by myself.

I knew back in March when I moved into HER house to housesit as well as to help her when she came home that it was a bad idea.

I am such a spineless coward I should have no then; but oh no! I moved in and now she is coming home. Of course she is coming to her home, it is HER home after all. No surprise there. The surprise is how quickly she has made us (my son and I) feel unwelcome. She isn't even back yet, and already it has ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. POSTED 30 NOV 2010 - from FFH page

Now, on to a more personal story - it always starts with the wedding: DH and I lived in a different state from his family, but he wanted to get married in his home state. Two weeks before the wedding, I went to stay with his parents, and everything was fine. They were very accommodating. That was VASTLY different to the rest of the wedding planning time. Being Australian, our wedding was Australian. I'm not talking koalas and kangaroos everywhere. I mean Aussie customs and traditions. I saw no need ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. POSTED 28 NOV 2010 - from FFH page

Now, we come to one of the most recent issues: When DH and I moved back to his home state (6 months after being married), MIL offered for us to live with her, FIL, and 16 year old SIL, until we found our own place. She knew we were looking for a place to live. We, of course, accepted (little did I know it was a BAD idea!). We moved in in April.

I, being an immigrant, wasn't able to work just yet. My work permit and/or green card had not arrived. I was also unable to drive, because ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. POSTED 26 NOV 2010 - from FFH page

We moved in with GMIL (MIL's mother), when MIL kicked us out. Turns out, cruelty runs in the family. Long story short: She kicked my puppy. Made all the worse that my puppy was 10 weeks old and recovering from an attack by another dog (she also insisted that I rescue this dog from where we got it). She told DH that I "needed to learn how to be a wife".

She didn't wish me happy birthday, even after DH walked in with a huge "happy birthday" balloon and she asked ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. POSTED 23 NOV 2010 - from FFH page

Another story to explain the MIL & the IL's. DH was in the Armed Forces. He left for Iraq and all that "fun stuff". When he came back, after one of his deployments, he discovered they had taken their pick of anything he'd left in his room. He took back anything he was particularly concerned about, and just ignored other bits (like clothing etc.).

When DH was little, he got an ingrown toenail. He had it for over 6 months. His mother refused to take him to the doctor. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized

The Sister Knot, Apter
The Sister Knot
Why We Fight, Why We're Jealous, and Why We'll Love Each Other No Matter What

Secret Paths: Women in the New Midlife
Secret Paths
Women in the New Midlife

Working Women Don't Have Wives, Dr. Terri Apter Working Women Don't Have Wives
Professional Success in the 1990'S

To See More Books By
Dr. Terri Apter