All Blog Entries

1. Mother in law makes me sick

Quote Originally Posted by Naazuk View Post
    My mother in laws true colors came out when I got married. She's making me sick
    My husband has always helped them because they are not financially stable. He pays there mortgage and on top of that ours !!! Wouldn't you think after all he does she would show some respect nope only calls him for money. And has no social skills. We just had a son doesn't show any concern. Mind you she treats her other son and wife and daughter so good when they don't give her a penny. Doesn't ever call
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A woman who refused to be a mother-in-law

Thank you everyone for reading my story. I just turned 34 and have Asperger Syndrome (not diagnosed until I was 25). That did not stop me from wanting to be in an intimate relationship, I just did not know what I was doing. When I first met my now ex-boyfriend at a mutual friend's birthday party in May 2008, I was in my late twenties pursuing my master's degree. We would hang out with our mutual friend (who have known each other since they were 12) and some friends (with the same diagnosis as me) ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Mucho M-I-L's.

I once read in a satire book that one of the things you should look for in a potential husband is a dead mother-in-law. They can make your life either better or worse. I have two. The one who is nothing but critical and the one who is nothing but supportive, although when my kids were young and I was insecure, I didn't realize just how supportive she was. Now, sadly, she is dying of cancer. I will missher and try to be like her.

I wish there were therapists who specialized ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Moderators' Thoughts of the Week Archive

Quote Originally Posted by modlaurel View Post
    Moderators' Thoughts of the Week

This is the archive for the Moderators' Thoughts of the Week. Thoughts will be kept here after they are replaced. The most up-to-date one can be found at

[URL]http://204.197.244.120/~mother1/forum/showthread.php/19109-Moderators-Thoughts-of-the-Week[/URL]

Welcome to Moderators' Thoughts of the Week. Once a week we'll be writing about something relevant to the Board. The subjects we talk about will range from
  5. Unsent Letter to StepMIL

StepMIL,
    You have spent over four years talking about me and my children and husband. You have been caught talking to other people about our finances, my parents and my husbands real mother! You have been caught more than once doing it all in writing! This is insane to me that you proudly state that you will destroy me. I do not even know what that means nor do I ever want to know! You are an abuser and nut case! You need to stop using a computer because it always gets you caught ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized

The Sister Knot, Apter
The Sister Knot
Why We Fight, Why We're Jealous, and Why We'll Love Each Other No Matter What

Secret Paths: Women in the New Midlife
Secret Paths
Women in the New Midlife

Working Women Don't Have Wives, Dr. Terri Apter Working Women Don't Have Wives
Professional Success in the 1990'S

To See More Books By
Dr. Terri Apter