Recent Blogs Posts

1. Mother In Law

I married my husband just over a year ago, and dated him for 5 years before that. His mother was known as the over-bearing Mom who really needed to 'cut the umbilical chord'. My husband is obviously the favorite! My husband is active duty military and stationed in Kansas, and our families are from Ohio, so he rarely sees them (thankfully, as he says). He and his mother have had a very odd relationship. His mother was (and is) emotionally abusive, and a compulsive liar-- she lied about the parents ...
  2. help... is it me or MIL?

Hi all

I am new here and I am looking for some advice.
    My DH and I will be married 4 years in October, my DH is from israel and he is jewish, I am not. When my DH and first started dating and getting serious he informed that he told MIL [ who still lives in israel] that we were
    serious and she told I needed to convert to Judaism.
    I am more or less an atheist so this was not something
    I would even consider, and although I was insulted to be
    judged ...
  3. 20 Years of Harassment

It started in ‘92. There were constant hang-ups on the line. Then my SIL and her mother started leaving threatening messages on my answering machine. They began to have their friends and relatives call to tell me that I needed to stop seeing their brother.

Over the years, it has only gotten worse. My SIL, her friends, or her family members would call to tell me they’ve driven by and recount what they’ve seen, who I was with and what was going on.

They’ve threatened ...
  4. Where Do I Begin?

Thanks for letting me vent..

I guess I'm just really thankful my MIL lives a thousand miles away. However, it doesn't stop her from meddling, manipulating and generally being a pain. She thinks the world revolves around her and doesn't understand why everyone doesn't do her bidding. She hates me (I am referred to as "that woman") for standing up to her from the very beginning. She has only seen her 4 1/2 year-old grandson once. Her ONLY grandchild.

2 years ...
    Tags: crazy, dog, freak, mil
    Categories
    Mother-In-Law Blog
  5. Lurking in my Sub-conscience

I had a nightmare last night that MIL showed up at our home and decided to start taking things out of our home and was loading up a moving van with all of our belongings. She was taking our wedding photos off of the wall and cackling, "You won't be needing these anymore!"
    Needless to say, I woke up in a pissed off mood. I usually don't remember my dreams...but I remember this one. YUK!
    Tags: dream, mil, nightmare
    Categories
    Uncategorized

The Sister Knot, Apter
The Sister Knot
Why We Fight, Why We're Jealous, and Why We'll Love Each Other No Matter What

Secret Paths: Women in the New Midlife
Secret Paths
Women in the New Midlife

Working Women Don't Have Wives, Dr. Terri Apter Working Women Don't Have Wives
Professional Success in the 1990'S

To See More Books By