All Blog Entries

1. Help! My mother-in-law won't stay out of our bedroom (LONG story)

Quote Originally Posted by fedupmama View Post
    I'd like to start by saying I'm new to the MIL forum thing, so I don't know all of the abbreviations and stuff yet (please bear with me).

Anyway, I've never had any major problems with my MIL until this week, and I suppose that's because she has never stayed at our house since my boyfriend and I have been together. We have a newborn son who is only 2 months old and they live fairly far away, so they decided to come stay with us for a few days to spend time with their son and grandson.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. HELP!!! In-laws gone wild just in time for the holidays...

Looking for some advice and really just to vent a bit about a pretty significant in-law issue. To give some a little background, my in-laws live about an hour away in a very rural area, and our daughter is really the only grandchild with whom they have any contact, so we go out of our way to make sure she sees them regularly. About 4 months ago, when we were visiting them, my outspoken FIL made a comment to our 6 year old daughter that she’d gotten very ‘fat’ and went on and on ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Mil's selfishness know no bounds

21 years ago I married my DH, we had both been divorced. He had a beautiful 3 year old daughter and I had my precious 7 year old son. We married 9/14/1996. Christmas that year my MIL welcomed me with a video of my DH and his Xwife. I looked at the Christmas tree and she has ornaments of the X and my DH names on them. And she got worse after that. Calling The x and stating that I had hurt my husbands child. Long story short we stopped talking with my MIL for almost 2 1/2 years. My great and loving ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Mil's selfishness know no bounds

21 years ago I married my DH, we had both been divorced. He had a beautiful 3 year old daughter and I had my precious 7 year old son. We married 9/14/1996. Christmas that year my MIL welcomed me with a video of my DH and his Xwife. I looked at the Christmas tree and she has ornaments of the X and my DH names on them. And she got worse after that. Calling The x and stating that I had hurt my husbands child. Long story short we stopped talking with my MIL for almost 2 1/2 years. My great and loving ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Bad MIL of course

My husband and I have been married almost a year, his Mother...the cunning witch that she is sent us both an email a few months after we got engaged wanting us to purchase a house with a granny flat or enough land where she could build a small house, apparently selling her house to help with us. YEAH RIGHT! Even per my husband she is a mooch and has lived off off people her whole life. I did not respond back to her assuming he would tell her no and he never did. He ignored it, I ignored it too until ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized

The Sister Knot, Apter
The Sister Knot
Why We Fight, Why We're Jealous, and Why We'll Love Each Other No Matter What

Secret Paths: Women in the New Midlife
Secret Paths
Women in the New Midlife

Working Women Don't Have Wives, Dr. Terri Apter Working Women Don't Have Wives
Professional Success in the 1990'S

To See More Books By
Dr. Terri Apter