All Blog Entries

1. It is about my daughter now

I come from a culture where most people live with their in laws. My husband's family has always been dysfunctional and my problems have always been there with my pushy mother in law but after the baby it's been so difficult.

I have a stressful job and often have to work 3 hours after normal office hours. I was suggested bed rest by my doctor which i could not due to demanding work. My mother in law everyday complained about me not helping out in the house. And as if that was not enough, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Monster mother in law

Just needed to offload! For years my mother in law has made snide remarks about giving her grandchildren but doing it when my husband was out of earshot. We had been trying for ages and then went to fertility investigations only to be told due to medical issues on my husbands part it would be unlikely we would conceive naturally. When we broke the news she still made me feel like I was the problem and was no support during treatment when I got sick. Luckily it worked first time and I thought our ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Love my MIL...

My MIL has been amazing... Last October, I had an emergency appendectomy and she helped me get out of my mother's car and helped me inside mine and my husband's apartment. My MIL and I may have had our ups and downs but I am thankful I have the support from her that I really needed. I don't recall if she was here when I had my thyroid removed (due to cancer according to hospital records). But I have had loads of support over the last year or so.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Possible Overseas Opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by exscapegoat View Post
    Thanks! I'll keep you all posted. I think I can get my boss onboard, it's a matter of getting her boss and her boss's boss on board
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. MIL Moving In With Us

Any advice would be appreciated. We are a couple mid-30s that have been married for just 2 years. Well, we have been fortunate not to have major hurdles, but now I have his mother coming to live with us in our home. She had moved to Cali 10 years ago and moved in with her father, who has now been gone for almost 2 years. She is an able bodied and active woman in her 60s. She works in California and over a year ago, once her dad passed, their house went into foreclosure due to non payments. She has ...

The Sister Knot, Apter
The Sister Knot
Why We Fight, Why We're Jealous, and Why We'll Love Each Other No Matter What

Secret Paths: Women in the New Midlife
Secret Paths
Women in the New Midlife

Working Women Don't Have Wives, Dr. Terri Apter Working Women Don't Have Wives
Professional Success in the 1990'S

To See More Books By
Dr. Terri Apter
Click Here.