Recent Blogs Posts

1. The things that have happened.

It's been atleast a year since I have posted on here. I normally would vent about MIL making such a huge difference in the grandkids. SIL kids were always the faves. Amoungst this MIL would copy everything I would do with my daughter. She was with SIL kids ALL the time. She picked out their clothes. She bragged on them. Anything my daughter did SIL girl had to do it too and even better by MIL words. It was pure jealousy and it was like she was molding SIL girl into who "she" wanted her ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Need help how to navigate DIL relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post
    Thanks so much for your comments. Yes I am aware of confinement after baby is born. She had modified confinement. Parents are living with her & help out had some cultural food. But did wash hair didn’t stay in bed always they went out to dinner once I think. We celebrated one month birthday.
    One point I’d like to raise with you. Do you think choosing to live & work in Australia marrying an Australian & having an Australian born child that considerations should be given to the
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Need help how to navigate DIL relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post
    Hi me again
    Trying to find out where I'm going wrong here.
    I asked my DIL where did she learn English? This is after knowing her for 3 years.
    She speaks fluent English & Mandarin. I'm impressed with people who are bilingual.
    I've learnt basic Mandarin greetings to be able to acknowledge her parents national language & foster communication.
    As her parents are planning to live here for 12 months, I asked if her parents were going to learn some English.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Sneaky MIl Breached No Contact WTH

Quote Originally Posted by CSmith View Post
    Not sure if I can do that. Not sure if I can do anything about the letter with the judges and MIL name on it. I don't think my DH would be on board. The horrible, nasty, letter MIL sent to my DH was horrible but I should probably have a discussion with DH before I proceed further with notifying the Judges. It was my first reaction. She did attempt to abuse her position of delusional power. MIL has been in trouble at work for keeping things confidential on criminal cases and using her position to
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. How do you know when to quit?

Desperate for advice here. How do you know when to call it quits? And when you figure that out what’s the first step? I have had enough. I’m 31, I’ve been married for 5 years. My oldest is 3 and when I got pregnant with him sh** started to get real weird with my DH and his mum. It’s just the two of them. He’s an only child turned surrogate husband when he was 12 after his father left. 20+ years later his mother still hasn’t moved on. She made “honey do” lists for him to do at her house until recently. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized

The Sister Knot, Apter
The Sister Knot
Why We Fight, Why We're Jealous, and Why We'll Love Each Other No Matter What

Secret Paths: Women in the New Midlife
Secret Paths
Women in the New Midlife

Working Women Don't Have Wives, Dr. Terri Apter Working Women Don't Have Wives
Professional Success in the 1990'S

To See More Books By
Dr. Terri Apter