All Blog Entries

1. help... is it me or MIL?

Hi all

I am new here and I am looking for some advice.
    My DH and I will be married 4 years in October, my DH is from israel and he is jewish, I am not. When my DH and first started dating and getting serious he informed that he told MIL [ who still lives in israel] that we were
    serious and she told I needed to convert to Judaism.
    I am more or less an atheist so this was not something
    I would even consider, and although I was insulted to be
    judged ...
  2. I don't want to hate her but I do

I'm new to this forum and I've been searching for something like this to vent out my frustration.I'm 31 and married for 5 months now. My parents in law are living in another state and I had an experience of living with them for 20 days right after my wedding as all the family including my husbands married brother and sister came to stay with us along with their kids. I git married with the hope of forming good relations with my in laws but they could not manage to form a good impression on me in ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Just trying to make it though the day....

Quote Originally Posted by jkd View Post
    Cura. I know how you feel. My mom and dad passed many years ago and my brother passed away on Tuesday. He was my best friend. We could and would talk about everything. Like your dad he had my back. For years, my brother and I have been the black sheep of the family. Even though I have 3 sisters, I feel I am now alone as well. Hugs for you. I hope you are able to remember all the good times you had together over the years and that those memories will help bring you peace. Please take care
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Mother in law makes me sick

Quote Originally Posted by Naazuk View Post
    My mother in laws true colors came out when I got married. She's making me sick
    My husband has always helped them because they are not financially stable. He pays there mortgage and on top of that ours !!! Wouldn't you think after all he does she would show some respect nope only calls him for money. And has no social skills. We just had a son doesn't show any concern. Mind you she treats her other son and wife and daughter so good when they don't give her a penny. Doesn't ever call
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. I have a new word for everyone.

So I'm new to this. My actual mother is a mod on this page and when I told her to story and what I referred to my MIL as, she said I had to post here. So here goes.

I am only 22 (turning 23 in July). Yes yes, rather young. I am currently living with my boyfriend in his parents house. We have known each other for six or seven years and just celebrated our one year. His parents are wonderful people, kind, nice and accepting. Considerate might be going too far however... His mother (my ...
    Categories
    Mother-In-Law Blog

The Sister Knot, Apter
The Sister Knot
Why We Fight, Why We're Jealous, and Why We'll Love Each Other No Matter What

Secret Paths: Women in the New Midlife
Secret Paths
Women in the New Midlife

Working Women Don't Have Wives, Dr. Terri Apter Working Women Don't Have Wives
Professional Success in the 1990'S

To See More Books By
Dr. Terri Apter