All Blog Entries

1. Possible Overseas Opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by exscapegoat View Post
    Thanks! I'll keep you all posted. I think I can get my boss onboard, it's a matter of getting her boss and her boss's boss on board
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. MIL Moving In With Us

Any advice would be appreciated. We are a couple mid-30s that have been married for just 2 years. Well, we have been fortunate not to have major hurdles, but now I have his mother coming to live with us in our home. She had moved to Cali 10 years ago and moved in with her father, who has now been gone for almost 2 years. She is an able bodied and active woman in her 60s. She works in California and over a year ago, once her dad passed, their house went into foreclosure due to non payments. She has ...
  3. MIL on Mother's Day

I have been a mother for almost 18 years and my MIL has never said "Happy Mother's Day" to me!! Anyone else experience this?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. What is the worst your mil/fil has done?

My mil (and fil too) have both done annoying -messed up things in the 12 years I've been with their son. First started with the dad always coming over doing the yard or whatever to our house without really asking just telling us, father being mad that after we married I took over the bills not him ( I hated that my husband would just hand over his check every week), getting married they offered to pay for the wedding but the mom wanted to pick and change things, calling us on our honeymoon MORE ...
    Categories
    Mother-In-Law Blog
  5. DH's family won't talk to him. Advice welcome!

Background:
    I grew up with a violently abusive schizophrenic mother. I was a habitual runner and often lived on the streets. I felt safer there. On the streets an older man started to buy me booze and made advances. Told me we couldn’t date because of the age gap, but there was nothing saying we couldn’t be intimate. I spent time in group homes, only ran when they tried to place me back with mom. Later on, I finally had four eyewitnesses to an assault I suffered in public. I went from ...

The Sister Knot, Apter
The Sister Knot
Why We Fight, Why We're Jealous, and Why We'll Love Each Other No Matter What

Secret Paths: Women in the New Midlife
Secret Paths
Women in the New Midlife

Working Women Don't Have Wives, Dr. Terri Apter Working Women Don't Have Wives
Professional Success in the 1990'S

To See More Books By
Dr. Terri Apter
Click Here.