Sassafrass

Facebook and the upset MIL

Rate this Entry
SOoo the real, most recent reason for the decision to stay away from th IL's...
After 'Skyfall' came out my H and I ran to the theatre to watch it, we love all Bond films and I harbour a special love for Daniel Craig- my husband looks just like him minus 20 years. So a week after we saw the film, we raved about how awesome it was to the IL's. They promptly went to watch it and both totally agreed with me about how much H looks like Daniel Craig...
Fast forward to yesterday, wickedly horrible day spent at the IL's house, I pick up a magazine and read the cover article, an interview with Craig. After spouting my displeasure at there only being two photographs of him in the mag, my MIL agreed, saying she wished there were more photos as well b/c she thinks he is "Yummy."
I had a good, creeped out laugh over this, and shared with H on the way home...needless to say, he thought it was creepy, his mom saying that this celebrity who is practically identical to her son, is attractive...
So last night I posted a quick status of how this sitchuation was funny but creepy...some friends liked or commented lol, no bullying or picking on MIL...well she saw the post today and is all in a huff about it wrote "Hmmm thanks Sass on the comments and I promptly wrote "Hey, it's all in fun, no one is laughing at you, just the odd situation" vut I know this is just the beginning of a can of worms for us...
must add that H takes my side, tells me I'm #1 to him, and my happiness is paramount. Thank God for him!

Submit "Facebook and the upset MIL" to Digg Submit "Facebook and the upset MIL" to del.icio.us Submit "Facebook and the upset MIL" to StumbleUpon Submit "Facebook and the upset MIL" to Google

Categories
Mother-In-Law Blog

Comments

That IS a weird situation. It would be hard to pretend DC isn't yummy just because he looks like my child. I'd just keep my mouth shut. ;-)
    You were insulting to your MIL, not letting her pretend to be a cougar. There's nothing wrong with her doing that in fun. You publicly made her feel old and undesirable. Not nice.

You should apologize.

PS: You and your dog are beautiful
    Thanks ladies, haven't been on for a bit...I appreciate the input
Leave Comment Leave Comment

The Sister Knot, Apter
The Sister Knot
Why We Fight, Why We're Jealous, and Why We'll Love Each Other No Matter What

Secret Paths: Women in the New Midlife
Secret Paths
Women in the New Midlife

Working Women Don't Have Wives, Dr. Terri Apter Working Women Don't Have Wives
Professional Success in the 1990'S