nowomannocry

It's Payback Time!

Rate this Entry
Mother in law is visiting! Never a good thing to hear! She is on her way!!! Nooo. Well, there is no stopping it and she is coming. Not just for a weekend but for TWO WHOLE WEEKS!

So me and my hubby lived with my MIL & FIL for two whole year... We finally moved out this last December and moved even out of there state but that doesn't escape them!

So Here's the story... I had my son with I was 20 and we moved in with the in laws to get good jobs in a more affordable state and get on our own two feet to take great care of our new babe. MIL put on the "I'm such a nice person" face for two years before I moved in with her. She BEGGED us to move in... After we moved in was of course when it all turned around...

I loved the woman so much until certain things started happening. I came to the point I Had to find a job and the MIL offered free daycare which was a huge reason why we decided to move there, I landed a job right away and MIL watched my boy while I worked. Well, my son has allergies (1), I like to know if you are driving hours out of town to even Sams club even with just a text or let me know in the morning before we leave work (2) thats not so hard to ask right? And 3, Please don't drive after you've been drinking if you EVER want to see your grandson again (3)... Well low and behold, everyday I got home from work, 1,2&3 were just things she Does not care about... I'd come home, yes she would buy him tows and what not, but she had driven two hours away from town without even a text to me and I wouldn't know till later in the day. What if something happened and I just didnt know what my own son is??!?! Well even though my son WAS allergic to milk, egg and just dairy in general, it was just WAY too much of a hassle for her to check Ingredients, so I would come home to a puking, diaper rash, diarrhea babe while she is shaking her head saying she isnt sure at all why he would be acting that way! (What an idiot dude)... and I started checking the lineage on the wine bottles just in case, you know? And the bottle would be in the trash by the time I was home and she would have already gotten back from her 4 hour drive. ON TOP OF NOT BEING ABLE TO GIVE ME THE RESPECT, She started charging, even though, no naps were being had, diaper was not being changed regularly and all this bad stuff...

Enrolled him in daycare, THAT problem solved. Then she started getting really personal, cause I took her son (first of course) And now I have control on her grandson (which she forgets is MY SON), So she started just venting to all her friends how bad of a mom I was, so when friends came over I would get snark comments from everyone and Just not able to enjoy family parties anymore...whatever. but NOW I just sat her down, talked to her... She cried and hugged me and said she just wanted to be my friend and for me to call her mom... SO I forgave the lady, you know? All is FINE for just a couple weeks...

I am sitting with my son on the couch, watching Little Einstines on the MILS Ipad that she let my son always use... Alls a sudden, a text pops up on her ipad... It won't go away so I click it and I see of picture of myself wearing a new dress I bought and that she asked me to send her a picture of so she could see... The text was to one of my Hubby's childhood friends and my MIL sends the picture to her with the caption "LOOK WHAT DITSY GOT!" and the childhood friend replied "I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT IS THE UGLIEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN", And my MIL replied "YEAH, OTHER THAN HER FACE!" and the friend replied, "GOOD ONE!"

So I confronted the woman. She yelled at me for being snoopy first, but oh well it was in plain site! then she started crying again, and throwing the whole fit and my Hubby made ME apologize for going through her information. (Mammas boy, lol). Later on I decided I would be snoopy and not tell anyone, I went through a few other messages and just read a whole load of mean things she sent to her family members about my dad, calling him broke and neglectful and referring to my mom as crazy... I kept this information to myself so I could keep a clean relationship with my hubby, but it was just ticking at my nerves. But I kept on...

WELL Two months go by and I came home from work and walked in and my MIL was on the phone with her daughter on speakphone so she could speak to my boy, and I overhear my own sister in law telling my son that he shouldn't have a big mouth like his mommy and I lost it, picked up my son and walked out.

Well I talked to my fiance and we started working hard at getting out of there and really finally did after a lot of pulled hair... ONCE she tried to pry my own son out of my arms after she had too much wine... WOMAN, back off dude. I do not care who you are, you never try to rip my son from my arms. This story of why she was ripping my son out of my arms will come in another blog post because its a long one and I don't want to get into it without having a couple hours of time to kill.

So anyhow, we moved back to our home state. READY FOR A NEW LEAF. Found it really cool that we have a in-home daycare here that we take out son, who also use to watch my hubby when he was a babe... HOWEVER, on the same note, its a HORRIBLE thing because this daycare is BEST FRIENDS with the MIL, so I did not realize that she is THE EXACT SAME WAY. No calls when leaving the house with my son, No care for allergies and ON TOP OF IT ALL... Whenever the MIL visits, She takes my son away from the daycare when I'm not around without letting me know and it truly isn't fare.

SO PAYBACK TIME IS FINALLY HERE... I guess I've done a few big ones to start out with 1)put my son in daycare 2)move out of MILs home

But here comes the best... She is visiting in two weeks... And he is currently still at the in-home daycare... WELL Here comes the big 3! Before she comes, I just signed my boy up for a normal daycare! One with a curriculum, an awesome licensed teacher, playground THE NORMAL! And right in time before the MIL comes so I Will not sign her up on the "Allowed to take my son out of daycare" sheet. She will only see him when I'm around, AND YES Today I did inform her because I do not care and she needs to know. I feel exhilarated when things like this happens cause I always feel beaten down by her and her fake smile.

Well thank you for this blog Motherinlawstories.com . . . Let me know if anyone has similar experiences and I will keep posting when I feel a vent coming on. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Submit "It's Payback Time!" to Digg Submit "It's Payback Time!" to del.icio.us Submit "It's Payback Time!" to StumbleUpon Submit "It's Payback Time!" to Google

Categories
Mother-In-Law Blog

Comments

My god that is a horrible woman! You took the right step considering she has been so mean to you!
Leave Comment Leave Comment

The Sister Knot, Apter
The Sister Knot
Why We Fight, Why We're Jealous, and Why We'll Love Each Other No Matter What

Secret Paths: Women in the New Midlife
Secret Paths
Women in the New Midlife

Working Women Don't Have Wives, Dr. Terri Apter Working Women Don't Have Wives
Professional Success in the 1990'S

To See More Books By
Dr. Terri Apter
Click Here.