amanda411

Final MIL fight, should husband and kids go to her holiday gatherings?

Rate this Entry
So sick of my MIL. I am not a kid, we have been married 20 years but have two elementary kids. Briefly my MIL personality is rude, harsh, the kids learn profanity not from school but from their GRANDMA. She babysits and always goes against our rules for sugar, naps, etc. This last fight I found out she was trying to change the babysitting schedule without telling me, the mom. Then she answered that "she doesn't go through me - she never did and that is just how it is. She will only talk to her son, my husband. She then lied that by my husband not allowing her to take the kids where she wants, driving several hours away when babysitting, was causing her a "heart attack" she through in my face my parents get more time and brought up issues over 15 years ago during her tantrum. Lots more past drama from her showing great disrespect for me . . . . . But - Bottom line, I now refuse to have her as part of my life it has been enough with her lies, tantrums and flat out disrespect. My husband has backed me by not just randomly visiting her with the kids. This has been since June 2014. The producers of Dr. Phil actually called me to air this out on TV, but I am not a TV drama person - I just want this big question answered = QUESTION: I don't think my husband with the kids should partake of the holidays at HER house like normal minus me due to her tantrums. (She requires the holidays at her home as the "home base" for family and does not come to our house). Due to her actions I don't think it is right that my husband act as if nothing has changed with regards to the holidays just basically cut me out. That doesn't respect me. I think he should tell her we are not going because we are spending quality family time with our immediately family and give the "truck load" of gifts that we have asked her NOT to buy year after year, to the kids at another time. PLEASE HELP and recommending to make up for the kids sake is not an option with 20 years ignoring her tantrums - not anymore.

Submit "Final MIL fight, should husband and kids go to her holiday gatherings?" to Digg Submit "Final MIL fight, should husband and kids go to her holiday gatherings?" to del.icio.us Submit "Final MIL fight, should husband and kids go to her holiday gatherings?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Final MIL fight, should husband and kids go to her holiday gatherings?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

She is out if line there. She wants to dominate and call the shots and owning the holidays is her strategy.
Leave Comment Leave Comment

The Sister Knot, Apter
The Sister Knot
Why We Fight, Why We're Jealous, and Why We'll Love Each Other No Matter What

Secret Paths: Women in the New Midlife
Secret Paths
Women in the New Midlife

Working Women Don't Have Wives, Dr. Terri Apter Working Women Don't Have Wives
Professional Success in the 1990'S

To See More Books By
Dr. Terri Apter
Click Here.