Quote Originally Posted by Cura2 View Post
Religion- just because a it's a pray wrapped in bigotry ... it's still bigotry and the prayer has nothing to do with it. Your actions make you a Christian. If you have bad behavior your are STILL a bad person whether you pray about it or not...especially when there is no change.
It really irritates me when people try to use religion to cover up their bad behavior because it gives religion a bad name and many people perceive it as "hypocritical." A lot of people don't understand that it's not the religion that is bad...it's the person. Just because that person goes around spewing, "I'm a (religion)," doesn't make the religion bad. Anybody can claim they're anything. That's why I feel bad for Muslims. So many people think it's a bad religion that promotes hate, terrorism and killings, all because some crazies have claimed they've killed in the name of their religion. So not true. The Muslim religion is a peaceful one but those terrorists have given it a bad name for many people.

A friend's FIL claims to be very Christian but he's nothing but a crook. He has avoided jail for so many years but I wish they'd just throw him in. He's cheated on his taxes, refused to pay taxes, scammed thousands of people out of money with a phony business, etc. But if he's confronted, he just says, "Jesus forgives!" One day he'll have to meet his maker and you can't lie to Him.