Quote Originally Posted by azgreenthumb View Post
Honestly, I have no idea. Probably because she wants to enjoy her back yard the few times a year that she comes here. And also probably to impress the friends that she sometimes brings with her. Her back yard does look immensely better than it did 6 yr ago when she bought the house...the yard had nothing in back. Now it's much much better.

So from here on out, I'm keeping my opinions to myself (ok, well myself and all of you here) with regards to her front & back yard. She has 2 plants in the front that are dying. Once she's gone back to London, I'm going to pull those out. She can decide if she wants to do something else in that spot...but I'm not suggesting anything to her anymore. I'll continue to maintain the front & back gardens as is until we move. But once we've moved, so will my free landscaping services.

1 of the huge ugly pots she has in the back yard has started to tip to the side because a big lizard has dug holes right next to it for his burrow. There are actually 2 big lizards in her back yard. They're super cool looking. But as a result of this, 1 of the pots is starting to tip to 1 side. The whole thing kind of makes me laugh because it's just a funny example of how sometimes, Mother Nature's plans are completely different than your own and there's nothing you can do about it.

So effective immediately, I've decided that I'm going to water her potted plants once every 2 weeks. We're going to practice Darwinism in landscaping. It's survival of the fittest. I predict that about 1/2 of the herd will be dead by April.
Her back yard, as I've mentioned before, is pretty small. Probably a bit above the size of what you'd call a "patio home" in Arizona. Her extended patio with the brick pavers? She calls it an esplanade. I laugh at her when she calls it that.

You know what the definition of esplanade is in dictionary.com?
"any open, level space, especially one serving for public walks or drives."

ROFL!!!!