Quote Originally Posted by nappydays View Post
Yes, Ns age very badly. The nasty thoughts, the frowns, the cat butt face, the anger... it all takes its toll. NM was thought to be a pensioner (over 60) when she was in her 40s.
A friend's MIL was like this. She looked SO MUCH OLDER than her real age! Easily over 20 years older. And she was not attractive at all. My friend once saw a picture of her DH with his mother when her DH was around 17 or so and told me, "She looked the same. Like...the exact same! She was in her late 30's in that picture but still looked about 75. Can you imagine?" Her MIL was a huge N, too, so after reading this thread, it all makes sense now. Her MIL was also mistaken for a senior citizen many times. What was weird about that, though, was that she bragged about it because she would get a discount. Very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by nappydays View Post
She also stopped bothering with her appearance and used to put others down, calling them vain and stupid, if they did make an effort. In truth she couldnít be bothered once she got to a certain age and look where it became hard work, so she ridiculed those thAt did.
Yeah, friend's MIL was like that, too. Didn't seem to care about her appearance at all and put down women who did, too. She either said they were snobs or she would say, "*I* don't NEED makeup!" That was directed at my friend, who just laughed whenever she said that. She didn't seem to care but at the same time, tried to convince others that she could easily get men to fawn all over her. She said if she went to a bar men would flock to her. As my friend said, "Funny how she never wanted to test that theory."